Meet the Doctor
Dr. David R. Bishop
Dr. Bishop received his dental degree from Howard University in Washington, D.C, in 1991. After graduation, he took over his father’s dental practice that had been established in 1962 by his father, who was the Chief Board Examiner for the District of Columbia.
He has received advanced training to provide the care and services to his patients. He then received advanced training at Howard University Residence Program in Implant Dentistry. Dr. Bishop has been placing and restoring implants for more than 20 years.
He received advanced training to provide care in General DentistryRoot Canal Therapy and Cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Bishop continued to start an advanced path of study after graduation.
Dr. Bishop maintains a private dental office focusing on comprehensive cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry. He practices comprehensive dentistry in a relationship-based setting. This focus is not only on dental care but also on the emotional needs of the patients.
Degrees/ Certification Conferred:
- D.D.S. Howard University 1992
- Certificate of Implant Dentistry 1999
Membership of Organized Dentistry:
- Member of the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member of Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA)
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry
Personal and Family Information:
- I grew up in the District of Columbia
- Family is very special to me. I am very proud of them.
- David (D.J.) – My son who is attending college at UMBC
- Taylor – My daughter who is
- Dorienne – My wife and business co-owner